So last weekend the hubs & I were able to go on a date so we went to see Bad Moms. Besides the movie being out of this world hilarious, it came with a good message.
You don’t have to do it all!!!
After an awful day, that’s a drastic understatement, she makes it to a super important can’t miss PTA meeting about an unannounced topic which ends up being a bake sale. Really, a stinkin’ bake sale! That’s when she decides that she’s done trying to be it all & do it all. She just stops & here’s where the message comes in.
Just be involved! You don’t have to be Pinterest perfect, all organic, Susie homemaker momma. You just need to be there. That’s all your kids want and that’s all their teachers want.
If you’re there, there’s a few monumental things that will happen:
1. Your kids learn that you have expectations & goals & they will strive to attain them.
2. No one is perfect! Teach your kids to be realistic & strive for their best. If they fall short, lesson learned.
3. This world can be tough. Let them figure that out & be there to answer the tough questions or cushion the fall.
4. You’re not fooling their teacher when you try to pass your project off as theirs. They will actually learn when they do their own work.
5. You are not retaking their classes for a grade so let them earn it.
6. Do not drop everything to take them their forgotten lunch or homework unless it was your fault. This is working on that responsibility thing.
7. Your child can’t tell the difference between organic & TV dinner so don’t stress! Food is what they need.
8. Gourmet, homecooking or takeout…the common denominator at supper is family together time. I think sitting down for a dinner as a family is super important. If it weren’t for family dinner, you may never see your teenagers!
9. The biggest thing this teacher wants you to remember…they are kids. A grade is a grade but it doesn’t define who they are or where they’re heading in life.
Teaching is definitely a calling & we wouldn’t be in that classroom with your baby if we didn’t feel that we could help guide them through life with a side order of knowledge. We enjoy your input and help however we may get it. It doesn’t have to be Pinterest perfect, all organic, Susie homemaker momma. Just be involved!